Saturday, September 10, 2011

Jumping Ahead...

So I know I said that I was going to go in chronological order of our summer but today was too funny that I didn't want the chance to forget the day.


Let me set the scene for you.


My mom and I decided to take Grace to the Italian Festival at BelMar today. We parked and decided that it would be a good idea that everyone go potty before starting the festival activities, I didn't have to go so I just lurked around the bathroom waiting for the other two ladies in my party.


My mom and the princess were sharing a stall, when all of a sudden my mom goes..."Gracie you don;t have any panties that look like that, where did you get those?"


Grace replies as loud as humanly possible "Oh my goodness, Grandma I am not wearing any panties!!!!"  My mom was looking at her jeans thinking that she had some dark navy blue panties on.


Grace continues on still basically screaming at this point while its echoing through out the porcelain tiled walls. "I FORGOT to PUT PANTIES on. I am so embarrassed".  She was emphasising the most important of words.


Meanwhile, I am giggling listening to the events unfolding. Other people in the bathroom are giggling and looking at me.

All she kept saying for the rest of the day is that she is so embarrassed that she forgot to put on panties, and I couldn't help but laugh hysterically, and my mother had the same reaction.


Moments like this are priceless...they are also good ammunition for threats of embarrassment when the teenage years roll around.

No comments:

Post a Comment